Thursday, February 26, 2015

This Episode Really Isn't Kind

We've had too many "I'm here for you"s and "You are loved"s to realize that they're not kind; they're meaningless.  And if there's no meaning in the sentiment, you're making people think that they are meaningless.

I want to talk about suicide, and him, because I want this to be known.

Suicide may not be the answer, but blame isn't either.

Those who think suicide is a selfish act are the selfish ones.

"They didn't think about us, they only thought about themself."

That is absolutely sick and wrong.  How dare you turn their feelings and sorrow that they didn't even mean to have onto you?

Those who have killed themselves were not themselves when they did it.  He knew he had people that cared about him, and he cared about people, but Depression didn't.

He didn't kill himself; Depression did.  And to blame him for that is uncalled for.

He was an amazing kid, and that choice "he" made does not make him any less amazing.  I believe he's still figuring things out, and although he hurt us with "his" choice, he was hurting before it happened.

Were you?

He didn't mean to hurt anyone.  You have to think about his pain.  And if you can't do that, then you're the selfish one.

Suicide is a terrible option, but he was not a terrible person.

And in case you don't think I put any effort or heart into this post, or that I didn't even know him,

Tell me what the first letter of every word in the title spells.

4 comments:

  1. My god, you're just my hero. Really great post, really real. This was a great way to put it and a really nice way to honor him. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He didn't kill himself: depression did.

    So true. I wish all people understoodthat

    ReplyDelete