Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Monsters Under My Bed Escaped

I have finally figured out what the monsters under my bed are, and they're not what my childhood-self imagined.

As you could probably figure out from my pen name, I imagined Dark and Ghost type Pokemon under my bed, waiting for me to fall asleep so they could haunt my dreams.

Those nightmares were some of the best things I ever imagined, despite the fact that they made me wake up to a pee-stained bed.

But the real monsters are not ones that make me pee my pants, but ones that I'd enjoy peeing on, because I despise them.

Super gross analogy, but childhood is filled with loads of potty humor, so I hope this is bringing back memories.

The fact that you realized how gross that analogy was probably means that you've grown up.

You've realized that pee isn't the core to any funny joke, but rather it's the body's way of getting rid of toxins.

How boring is that?

And boring is the exact characteristic that describes the monsters under my bed, because there turned out to not be any actual monsters under there.

They didn't escape from under my bed, but they escaped from my heart and head.

And they didn't turn out to be Pokemon; they were people.

People that ruined my creativity.

People that took my crayons away, and I wasn't even a big fan of crayons as a child.

But if I ever found my box of crayons again, I would hold onto them and never let them go, and not Rose from Titanic's version of never letting go.

Why?

Because I'd know that my crayons escaped the monsters under my bed.

And my reality could have color like it used to.....

4 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh and also a little sad so in other words, it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plot twist: "pee isn't the core to any funny joke, but rather it's the body's way of getting rid of toxins."
    plot twist #2: "And boring is the exact characteristic that describes the monsters under my bed, because there turned out to not be any actual monsters under there.
    They didn't escape from under my bed, but they escaped from my heart and head.
    And they didn't turn out to be Pokemon; they were people."
    So good and pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unexpected and creative. Hell yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me laugh! I'm following your posts A.S. Ketchum!

    ReplyDelete