Sunday, February 8, 2015

I'm More Than An Animal

What makes us human?

To me, the answer lies in the fact that humans have a spirit.  There is a reason that many stable and well-rounded people are the way they are; it's because they have gotten in touch with their spiritual side.

But what does that mean?

It means that humans do not spend their days nor find purpose in just hunting for food and cooking it only for the purpose of just "staying alive."  The real reason we "stay alive" is because we know that there's a purpose to being here, and that there's more to life than just surviving.

It's about living.

And you cannot truly live until you've realized that you are not a dog, or a monkey, or a horse, or a cat, or anything of the sort.

You are a human being.

A human being.

God gave you dominion over all those other animals, and that means He gave you the ability to think like Him.

He gave you the ability to think beyond yourself, and to find out for yourself why it's so important to love.

He freaking gave you the ability to not even believe in His existence.

And that is powerful and mysterious.

Classic God.

I want you to realize that God gave you the ability to be like Him, to find inspiration in this world, to find other people with the same ability, and to love them.

Go out and love,

Go out and be powerful.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This made me laugh, but also it made me feel blessed and I'm really happy that you wrote about God because I feel like lots of people don't have the courage to do that, and you did it beautifully.

      Delete
    2. This is the part I was gonna quote too.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I found this. So glad!! Thanks for your perspective. All of this is #stolen

    ReplyDelete