Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Wise Pile of Papers

Right now I'm staring at my homework as if I'm looking at the most beautiful girl, only to find her unzip herself, revealing who she really is; nothing.  That's the kind of disappointment I feel when I look at my homework.

Sure, I procrastinate because I find homework boring and/or challenging, but as I look at it, I can hear it say to me,

"I won't matter when life does."

An awfully profound thing for an inanimate pile of papers to say, but still well said.

Think about it.  Think of all the adults that have told you that life is so much better after high school.  How they laugh at all of the embarrassing things that happened to them.  How they don't know what the person they went to Prom with is doing with their life now.

How they've figured out what really matters in life.

High school seems so important right now because the things that matter most in life are the things that you have to figure out on your own.

High school is just as standardized as its tests.

Do you want to live a standard life, or do you want a life of mystery, chances, and adventure?  It seems that every adult can testify that the latter is more rewarding.

My generation's reasons for procrastination may not only be because our homework offers challenging problems, but because deep down we know that they are meaningless problems.

We are the generation that has listened to that wise pile of papers, and boy is it proud.

Keep listening, my friends.

"Keep listening."

6 comments:

  1. Very profound. You have things figured out AND I DIG THAT ABOUT YOU MAN!

    I like how you made the inanimate come alive. And I agree with you. And I don't often agree with teenagers on things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright alright alright alright alright alright.

    You are so freakin' cool wow.

    Like. I feel this.

    "I won't matter when life does."

    YES

    (This is probably the lamest comment ever but you're just so rad that I don't know what to say.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am snapping so hard core right now!

    "My generation's reasons for procrastination may not only be because our homework offers challenging problems, but because deep down we know that they are meaningless problems.

    We are the generation that has listened to that wise pile of papers, and boy is it proud."

    YES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. High school is just as standardized as its tests.

    This is too good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sums up pretty much everything. Great work.

    ReplyDelete