Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Post-Dance Inner Conversation

How do you think the date went?


To be honest, not that well.  I felt really awkward and like she wasn't having that much fun.

Well she told you she had one of the best nights of senior year!

Oh she was just saying that.  I didn't even compliment her on the date!


Well you complimented her afterwards, and I'm sure she knew you thought she was pretty.  I'm sure she noticed you seeing how beautiful she was.

And I'm sure it made her feel weird, because she knows I like her, and she probably thought I was checking her out.


No, she said she was having so much fun, and that she was comfortable around you.

Then why do I feel like I ruined everything?


Because you like her so much, and you wanted things to be "perfect."


Man, why do I like her so much?


Well, she's so interested about who you are, she's so nice about not liking you, she doesn't care about your past, she's proud of you for going on a mission, she's a talented actress, singer, and dancer, and I mean, look at her!  I can't blame you for not taking your eyes off her.

That last one was a little weird, but she doesn't like me the way I like her!  She never will.


There's always hope, but if things go well with the guy she's with now, shouldn't that make you happy?

I'd love to see her happy, I just wish it was me making her happy.


Of course you do, but if you really love her, you'll want her to be happy, no matter who it is.

But I... I just... Maybe you're right.  It's just so tough.  I feel like that date could've been better, and maybe if it was, she'd like me back.


She may not like you back, but that was one of the funnest nights of her senior year, and that wasn't her being sweet.  She really had fun, all because of you!  Doesn't that make you feel better?

I have a hard time believing it, but I should.  I wish that date could happen again, that way I could enjoy it better.  I was so worried about making sure things were "perfect" that I didn't focus on how fun the date actually was.  She was such a good date!  I feel so dumb.


Hey, don't worry about it.  Maybe you can ask her on another date sometime!

Would she want to?


Of course!  Last night was tons of fun.

Not for me.


Well maybe that was your fault.

Which is why I wanna ask her on another date!


Then do it, man!

My only other opportunity would probably be after the mission, and we'll probably never see each other after the mission.


Well she'll probably write you on your mission.  And if she doesn't, then maybe she's not worth it.

I'd hate to let her go, but maybe you're right, logical part of my brain.  Maybe you're right.

1 comment:

  1. "let it go, and if it comes back, its yours. if it doesn't, it never was." i know you probably don't really care about what im saying right now. and thats absolutely fine. but i think your logical part of the brain is right. also, this whole post was brilliant!!

    ps. as much as i think your logical part of the brain is right, im rooting for the right side of your brain. go get her.

    ReplyDelete