Sunday, April 5, 2015

Step

Things I climb.

Things I take.

The family's house I'm at.

A type of stool.

Instructions.

All of these involve the word "step".

But are these the same kind of steps that I make while wearing my shoes?

My shoes climb with me.

I take steps in my shoes.

I'm currently wearing my shoes at my step family's house.

I was probably barefoot when I last stepped on a stepstool, because that's not important.

Your shoes are with you for the important things.

But do you know what shoes don't come with?

Instructions.

You don't need to walk a certain way in them, put a certain design on them, or clean them.

You just have to wear them.

"God gave you them shoes that fit you.  So put 'em on and wear 'em."

- Beautiful, Eminem

"Try walking in their shoes."

- Common expression

People's identities are held in the things they walk with.

1 comment: