Sunday, April 5, 2015

Step

Things I climb.

Things I take.

The family's house I'm at.

A type of stool.

Instructions.

All of these involve the word "step".

But are these the same kind of steps that I make while wearing my shoes?

My shoes climb with me.

I take steps in my shoes.

I'm currently wearing my shoes at my step family's house.

I was probably barefoot when I last stepped on a stepstool, because that's not important.

Your shoes are with you for the important things.

But do you know what shoes don't come with?

Instructions.

You don't need to walk a certain way in them, put a certain design on them, or clean them.

You just have to wear them.

"God gave you them shoes that fit you.  So put 'em on and wear 'em."

Beautiful, Eminem

"Try walking in their shoes."

- Common expression

People's identities are held in the things they walk with.

1 comment: