Monday, April 13, 2015

From Girl #2


"That girl" that you sometimes read about here.  In Stephen's "Dating 4 Girls At Once" post, I was Girl #2.  In the previous post, I became, a little bit publicly, THE girl.

I love Stephen's blog.

Stephen and I have been best friends for a long while and it made me feel almost guilty that I got to see this beautiful person as he really was and no one else did.  Then he showed me his blog and I felt a lot less guilty.

I was really really surprised that Stephen said what he did about me. 

Ours is a very open friendship and we always talked about how we weren't gonna date each other.  We told each other we had little mini crushes on each other, but I never believed it would get beyond that.

And then, this.

Don't get me wrong, it's okay.  We've talked about it.  We're good.  I was a little shaken at first and not quite sure how to handle it.

But then I figured it out.

"Oh, you silly," I told myself, "this is Stephen.  You guys have been through the gates of hell together.  You'll be okay.  You can survive this."

And I'm so glad that Stephen is my best friend, because if anyone else had fallen for me I couldn't have believed it.

I'm a typical high school teenager.  I don't trust often.  I trust boys even less often.

And I trust Stephen.

I don't know if he'll ever fully comprehend how much that means coming from me.

I do the impossible for him.

He is my sunshine.  He is quite often the best part of my day.

I have listened to him cry.

I have yelled at him.  He has argued back.

He was the one I called when I almost killed myself.

He was the thought I had.

He was my salvation that night and many others.

I'm so glad God has let him be a part of my life.

I guess what I am getting at here is that although it may not be in a romantic way, I love Stephen.  I know how lucky I am to love him, and to be his best friend.

And there's a lot of maybes to "Stephen and I" - maybe someday, we'll fall in love together and it won't hurt so bad.  Maybe we'll get married and have a family and go through it all together...again.

I don't know, but it's a possibility.  And I promise you that I will never, ever underestimate him, take him for granted, use him, or treat him in any way that I'm aware will hurt him.  Because Stephen is incredible.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets to see it.

2 comments: